Monday, April 16, 2012

Quick Zipper Pull

Hi, I'm back! Please forgive my two-week absence, my family and I took a lovely trip for Spring Break. Now that I'm back and getting back on top of things, it's time for a new blog post!

Do you ever lose your zipper pull? The one on my purse, a nice leather pull, is about to come off the zipper entirely. I've been thinking for awhile about how to replace it when it inevitably breaks off. I suddenly had the solution, as I was packing my boys for our trip. I don't know why I didn't think of it before. And, you all will probably wonder why I'm bothering to blog about it...I bet you've already thought of it. :)

As I was packing, I noticed that my little guy's backpack was missing its zipper pulls, too.  Once upon a time I'd replaced the pull with a safety pin, to give me something to pull to zip it shut, but it kept opening and poking my hand.  Not the safest option.


Instead, I used ribbon!  I threaded a little grosgrain ribbon that I had lying around through the zipper and sewed it together at a couple points (um...really quickly, which is why it's so crooked.  I was more interested in speed than appearance at this point.  If I had been, I probably would have bothered matching the thread, too.).  Voila, a new zipper pull!

 
 

2 comments:

Kathleen said...

Great idea...the simple things are sometimes the hardest to come up with!

Jill said...

My son has the exact same backpack, and it lost the zipper pull too! Love your ribbon idea!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...