Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Wedding Gift Idea: Family Home Evening in a Box

Are you tired of hearing about the wedding yet?  Just one last wedding-related post...  My brother-in-law and his bride were pretty well set up with household items, so I had an opportunity to get a little creative with their wedding gift.

My church encourages families to have an evening at home with their family each Monday, where they learn and have fun with their families.  It's called Family Home Evening, and usually includes a lesson, music, activity, prayer, and a treat. 

When my husband and I got married, I found it a little hard to do Family Home Evening with just the two of us.  One usually thinks of Family Home Evening as something you do with kids.  But, all families (even newlyweds or retired couples) are supposed to do it.  Years later, I came across this book:

It's called Family Home Evening For Newlyweds, and has a bunch of lessons that work for just two people, specifically a newly married couple.  It was exactly what I had needed as a newlywed.  But, of course, by the time I found it, as a mom of twins, I no longer needed it.  But, I thought it was a great idea and started occasionally giving it as a wedding gift. 

This time around, when giving this book as a gift, I made it into a little kit of sorts, a Family Home Evening in a box. 

I got a cute sweater box from Target and filled it with the Family Home Evening for Newlyweds book (the lesson), a board game (the activity), and a mix to make a treat with.  Then, I tied it up with a pretty bow.  The box was so pretty, I didn't even need to wrap it!

6 comments:

Kelly said...

Hi, stopping by from A to Z linky party. I love this idea! I wish my church offered something similar with lesson ideas, because as a couple with a toddler, we struggle with having regular meaningful, intentional times like that. Thanks for the tip!

Unknown said...

I LOVE this!! Thanks for sharing! I need all the help I can get for FHE:)

Janet said...

What a wonderful gift idea! I'll have to keep this in mind. Thanks for the idea. :)

Chrissy + Nate said...

So cute! I pinned this on my Pinterest boards! Thanks for sharing! Visiting from TT&J :)

Check out what I made this week at:
http://chrissyandnathan.blogspot.com/2011/06/whats-for-dinner.html

La-Dee-da crafter said...

This really is a great gift and a very useful one. Every newlywed couple needs ideas.
I will have to keep this in mind for wedding gifts. Thanks for sharing. I am following you now.
ladeedacreations.com

Unknown said...

Thank you for sharing such a nice and unique wedding gift ideas with us !!! Great job :)



By
Wedding Favors

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...