Thursday, May 5, 2011

Red Bow Blouse

This is the first top I've ever sewn. I started out sewing skirts, then graduated to dresses. After I'd done dresses for awhile, I decided to try a top. It's just a dress without the skirt, right? :)

I used NewLook 6808.  I made view C, because I fell in love with the bow, but I extended the sleeves a bit. 

It's a bit long, and I haven't yet decided if I like that or not.  I think I like it long when I wear it with jeans, but would prefer it shorter when I wear it with a skirt.  I may yet shorten it.  We'll see. 

4 comments:

Kathleen said...

Love it!! I've been trying to find cute shirts with the flower on them but can't find them in my size. :(

Sharon said...

Cute!

Unknown said...

super cute! i like the bow!!! & i like my shirts to be a bit on the longer length to wear with jeans, shorts, and capris.....then I tuck it into my skirt and put a belt over it to define my waist....just a suggestion :)

Sharon said...

I love it! I will have to try this pattern! Great job!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...