Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Pink Plaid Dress



This dress is my latest creation. It's made from Simplicity 2444.  And, check it out:  It has pockets!  I love dresses that have pockets.  :)



I thought it needed a necklace, with that higher neckline--a little bit more visual interest across that field of plaid..  But, I didn't have any necklaces that looked right.  So, I went back to my trusty Sculpy roses, and made another necklace!
This time, I took pictures as I went and I'm putting together a tutorial for you, so you can make your own rose necklace!  Look for it later this week or early next week!

Linking here.

7 comments:

Sharon said...

Where do you get your fabrics? You always find the best prints!

Susan said...

Lookin' good. The necklace goes really well.

Ronna said...

I seriously wish I had your sewing talents! I've been a beginner for way too long. Great work, it's really cute!

Sandy -- As Told By Mommy said...

Oh my goodness! It is fabulous!! Wow!! Love it! You made the necklace roses too? WOW!!!

Jenny Hall / Seamingly Smitten said...

WOW!!!!!!!!! What kind of fabric is that? It's hard to find cute apparel fabric for women.

ut Deb in Mex said...

I found your blog by googling recipe Christmas Holly... went to that site and then clicked on yours. When I saw what you had done with the dress, I thought surely you must be LDS.... and you are! Me too. I am living in Brasil, spelled with a Z in the US. My home, when not living outside of the US, is in Ogden, Utah. I just wanted you to know that someone in South America loves your blog! I will share it with my Brazilian friends.

ut Deb in Mex said...

OH... My name, "Utah Deb in Mex" is from when we lived in Mexico, for two years.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...