Sunday, March 6, 2011

Hairbow Picture Frame

I've got a houseful of boys at my house, but no girls.  I get my girl fix by crafting for my neices.  I made this cute hair bow holder for my sister's oldest girl. 
It started out as this:
 
I picked it up at Goodwill for around $1.  I actually kind of love the painting.  I kept it around in case I find a use for it (and I scanned it, too).  The frame was perfect because it was an ornate style, like I was looking for, but not heavy at all (it's molded plastic). 
I primed it with a paint designed to stick well to plastic, and then painted it this pretty blue to go with her bedroom.  Her room is painted a light green with coral accents, and a few light blue accents.  I had a hard time finding coral ribbon.  I found this skinny coral ribbon, though, so I put two strips of the skinny ribbon next to each other to make it look like wider ribbon.  The ribbon is hot-glued to the back of the frame. 
It was an easy project, and very fun to make.  I love the result. 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...