Saturday, March 26, 2011

Anthropolgie Sun Shades Dress

I want this dress SO much.  I tried it on in Anthropologie on a whim yesterday and fell in love.  Sadly, I did not fall in love with its price tag:  $158.  Why does Anthropologie have to be so darn expensive?  Sigh...

So, instead, I am embarking on a plan that will certainly drive me crazy.  I am going to make this dress.  See those yellow stripes?  They aren't printed; they aren't even (mostly) sewn on ribbon.  They're strips of bias-cut fabric.  It's going to be a beast to sew.  But I think I'm going to try. 

I went out and bought a pattern yesterday at Walmart with similar lines, and all of their yellow-gold ribbon, and priced some golden colored and white broadcloth, which I will be picking up today.  Here goes nothing...

(Oh, and here are some more Anthropolgie dresses I'd give my eye-teeth for. I especially like the one in the middle with the blues, yellows, and slate colors. So pretty. And the one on the right will be worn by Emma Pillsbury on Glee this Tuesday. I love pretty much everything that character wears.)
 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...